Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Nailed It!!!

How many of you remember nail and string art like the example below?
 
 
When I was younger, this was the style of nail and string art that was created.  Cool geometric shapes.  As a twist, I've asked my students to reinvent the process and create modern images.  We have researched multiple sites online using Pinterest and such.  Below are a few examples of my students work.





 
Students painted their board and then tapped in their nails using a paper template to guide them.  Once the nails were secured, students pulled out their paper template and began threading and looping the yarn / string around the nails.  Students could use any color of paint for the background and any color of yarn that they desired.  Some students chose to distress their board by using sandpaper to sand off some of the paint allowing the raw wood to show through, while some other students chose to "stain" their wood by applying the paint and then wiping it off.
 

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I am going to use this project in my art classes! -M. Russell

    ReplyDelete